Thursday, April 23, 2009

No wind in my sails

I've really struggled this week with whatever plan is in store for us. I pray and pray, but I'm frustrated and struggling all the same. And then, the news that R & Z won't be coming this summer. The director has once again gone back on his word and he demands an unconquerable obstacles for us and Frontier Horizons. I'm really tired of this guy and his bait-and-switch routine. The best option is to just move forward on the adoption of the girls and get them out of there as soon as possible.

Heidi will most probably fly over in August or September to see the girls for a few days or a week. I would be most grateful if anyone wanted to accompany her as I will have to stay behind and look after our kidos. This would be an excellent opportunity to travel to Ukraine on a min-mission trip. For any of our friends who are uncertain about going there alone, not knowing your way around, the customs, the food, the transportation, etc, Heidi is well educated on all these subjects and we have an established network of friends you will meet. The cost wouldn't be much more than your airfare. Let us know.

Thank you all who provided input about the one vs two trip adoption. Your comments made all the sense in the world. We have chosen to ride out the next few months and start the dossier near the end of summer. Our rationale is that Z will hopefully be registered by the end of summer, thus eligible summer 2010. If so, we can slow the dossier and facilitator to include both girls. If no Z registration this summer, we will move on R and bring her home first. We may ask for an additional child, probably a boy, with R. This would round us off to six children total, we definitely have the room in the new house. Yes, the money would come for a third adoption trip.

That's all I got folks. I'm a little down about the news. I've got nothing more for you. I may blog once more this week if the inspiration returns. The kids are doing fine and the routine is the same. My days are made joyful by the sounds and laughter of our three. I am certainly grateful to the Lord for giving them to us and quite happy in this regard. My lovely wife Heidi is the icing on the cake! So, yes, I am happy and content and by no means full of gloom and doom. We will look back and realize God's plan he had for us when we have the girls safe and sound at home, in their forever family.

~Felix~

6 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

I am so sorry to hear that the director changed his mind again! Ugh! This is so frustrating. I'm glad Heidi will go out to spend time with the girls. Wish I could go with her! We will continue to pray.

Natasha said...

Totally understand how you feel...not sure about you, but sometimes I have to let time pass to hear God's whisper and feel His presence. One thing I know for sure, He is always there, always so faithful.
One thing I want to pass along, if no one has done so yet, is that if you're going to ask for another child, make sure you bring another appostilled set of dossier with you, so that you could adopt another child from another orphanage in the region. If you only have one dossier, you will have to ask for another child from the same orphanage (that's what we were faced with) and at the time we were there, there didn't seem to be any other children available.
Praying for you guys!
Natasha

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

I hate hearing the pain in your "voice". Such a hard time. Why can't we just go pick up the kids and come back home, simple as that?! Perhaps God does wish for you to wait on Zima to give you the chance to look into adopting R and a boy. It's always so confusing in the beginning, middle, and end :) Wishing you piece of mind. Hang tough.

Rolan and Eileen said...

I know what I'm praying for! Oh, okay, I'll behave myself and pray like a loving benevolent Christian lady should.
Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen.

Heidi and Felix said...

Eileen - keep on prayin'!!!

Anonymous said...

Remember, after the doldrums come the trade winds! If our learning was correct, it's just a matter of time and patience. Hope it passes fast.

Your sailing buddies -- The Smiths

About Us

My photo
Longmont, Colorado, United States
Heidi loves to play sand volleyball, sail and garden. Felix loves to fly at the local aeroclub, sail and fish.