In a recent e-mail a new friend, Tiffany, spoke of the 10 rules of our house that we instituted once we got home with the kids. She thought that they were a good basis for her own set of rules in her home. That post is almost a year old and her e-mail got me to thinking about them again, although they are ever-present and in plain sight on the fridge door. They have been tweaked a little since that post and sometimes the kids act like they don't exist, but I am quick to remind them to go read rule such-and-such when an infraction occurs. Here they are again, refined by lessons learned this past year.
- Be kind...PERIOD!
- Keep your room tidy and make your bed every morning.
- If you make a mess, clean it up immediately.
- Return your things to your room after use.
- Turn off lights, water, radio, television when not using them.
- Eat only in the Kitchen or dining room.
- Wash hands before eating and when returning from outside.
- You will do your kitchen day after every meal, your laundry on your day and your daily chores.
- Obey Mom and Dad when you are told to do something.
- This is your home, take care of it.
~ Felix ~